(1) Clarity of outline
"Exercise had give his muscles superior definition"
(2) A concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase or symbol
From diffinicioun, from definition, from dēfīnītiō, from dēfīniō.
- A statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol (dictionary definitions).
- A statement expressing the essential nature of something.
- The action or process of defining.
- The act of defining; determination of the limits.
- A product of defining.
- The action or power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear.
- Her comic genius is beyond definition.
- Clarity of visual presentation, distinctness of outline or detail.
- The definition of a telescope.
- Improve the definition of an image.
- Clarity, especially of musical sound in reproduction.
- Sharp demarcation of outlines or limits.
- A jacket with distinct waist definition.
- The degree to which individual muscles are distinct on the body.