(1) The act of consuming something
(2) The process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating)
(3) (economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing
"The consumption of energy has increased steadily"
(4) Involving the lungs with progressive wasting of the body
- The act of consuming something.
- The fire's consumption of the forest caused ecological changes.
- The amount consumed.
- gross national consumption
- The wasting-away of the human body through disease.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis.