Drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem
"The assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
The act of constructing something
"During the construction we had to take a detour"
"His hobby was the building of boats"
The commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones
"Their main business is home construction"
"Workers in the building trades"
A thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts
"The structure consisted of a series of arches"
"She wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
(5) The creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit
"I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
An interpretation of a text or action
"They put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
- The process of constructing
- Construction is underway on the new bridge.
- Anything that has been constructed
- The engineer marvelled at his construction.
- The trade of building structures
- He had worked in construction all his life.
- A building, model or some other structure
- The office was a construction of steel and glass
- An artistic composition such as a collage etc.
- "Construction in string and clockwork" took first prize
- The manner in which something is built
- A thing of simple construction
- A group of words arranged to form a meaningful phrase