(1) An arrangement of parts or elements
"The outcome depends on the configuration of influences at the time"
(2) A configuration of stars as seen from the earth
From constellacioun, constillacioun, from constellation, from < +
- An arbitrary formation of stars perceived as a figure or pattern.
- An image associated with a group of stars.
- Any of the 88 officially recognized regions of the sky, including all stars and celestial bodies in the region.
- The configuration of planets at a given time (notably of birth), as used for determining a horoscope.
- A wide, seemingly unlimited assortment.
- A constellation of possibilities.
From constellation, from < +