(1) Large hard-shelled oval nut with a fibrous husk containing thick white meat surrounding a central cavity filled (when fresh) with fluid or milk
(2) The edible white meat a coconut; often shredded for use in e.g. cakes and curries
(3) Tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics
- The fruit of the coconut palm, Cocos nucifera, having a fibrous husk surrounding a large seed.
- The hard-shelled seed of this fruit, having white flesh and a fluid-filled central cavity.
- The edible white flesh of this fruit.
- The coconut palm.
- A Hispanic person who acts “white” (Caucasian), alluding to the fact that a coconut is brown on the outside and white on the inside.
- A black person who thinks "white" (European).
- A Pacific islander.