(1) A Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
(2) Period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
(3) Spend Christmas
"We were christmassing in New York"
- The Christian holiday which celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.
- This Christmas we'll open presents then go to grandma's for dinner.
- The day it is celebrated, 25th December, an English quarter day.
- The season (traditionally from the 24th of December to the 6th of January) around the celebration of Christ's birth.
- The Christmas shoppers spent less this December, than last year, but our store will probably see just as many returned items during the twelve days of Christmas.
- The period from the Friday following Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, busy with shopping and preparations for Christmas.
- The last three Christmases have been good for retailers.