(1) Following the teachings or manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus Christ
(2) Relating to or characteristic of Christianity
(3) A religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination
From Latin Chrīstus, from Ancient Greek Χριστός, noun use of χριστός, khristos meaning anointed. The word Christian is first used in Antioch, according to Acts xi.25-26.
- A believer in Christianity.
- An individual who seeks to live his or her life according to the principles and values taught by Jesus Christ.
- found in England since the twelfth century.
- of medieval usage, rare today.
- Of, like or relating to Christianity or Christians.
- Kind, charitable.
- That's very Christian of you.
- To non-Christians, this may be an offensive usage (similarly, see the offensive usage of Jew)
- (kind): xian, charitable, helpful, kind, neighborly/neighbourly, sweet (informal)