(1) Of or relating to or made from a ceramic
"A ceramic dish"
(2) An artifact made of hard brittle material produced from nonmetallic minerals by firing at high temperatures
From , from
- made of material produced by the high temperature firing of inorganic, nonmetallic rocks and minerals.
- A ceramic vase stood on the table.
- A hard brittle material that is produced through burning of nonmetallic minerals at high temperatures
- Joan made the dish of ceramic.
- An object made of this material
- Joe had dozens of ceramics in his apartment.