(1) Free from provincial prejudices or attachments
"Catholic in one's tastes"
(2) Of or relating to or supporting Catholicism
"The Catholic Church"
(3) A member of a Catholic church
From from +
- Of the Western Christian church, as opposed to the Orthodox church.
- Christmas is celebrated at different dates in the Catholic and Orthodox calendars.
- Of the Roman Catholic church.
- The Church of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic one.
- A member of a Catholic church.
- The wife of the Prime Minister is a Catholic.