(1) A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons)
(2) (computer science) RAM memory that is set aside as a specialized buffer storage that is continually updated; used to optimize data transfers between system elements with different characteristics
(3) A secret store of valuables or money
(4) Save up as for future use
- A store of things that will be required in future, and can be retrieved rapidly. A cache may, or may not, be hidden.
- Members of the 29-man Discovery team laid down food caches to allow the polar team to travel light, hopping from food cache to food cache on their return journey.
- A fast temporary storage where most recent or most frequent values are stored to avoid having to reload from a slower storage medium.
- In evasion and recovery operations, source of subsistence and supplies, typically containing items such as food, water, medical items, and/or communications equipment, packaged to prevent damage from exposure and hidden in isolated locations by such methods as burial, concealment, and/or submersion, to support evaders in current or future operations.
- A container containing treasure in a global treasure-hunt game.
- First and third person singular of cacher
- je cache
- il/elle/on cache