(1) A minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
(2) General term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
(3) Insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
(4) A small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
(5) A fault or defect in a system or machine
(6) Annoy persistently
"The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
(7) Tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
"The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"
"Is this hotel room bugged?"