(1) Message that is transmitted by radio or television
(2) A radio or television show
"Did you see his program last night?"
(3) Cause to become widely known
"Circulate a rumor"
"Broadcast the news"
(4) Broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
"We cannot air this X-rated song"
(5) Sow over a wide area, especially by hand
- A transmission of a radio or television programme aired to be received by anyone with a receiver.
- A programme (show, bulletin, documentary ...) so transmitted.
- The act of scattering seed.
- To transmit a message or signal via radio waves or electronic means
- To transmit a message over a wide area
- To appear as speaker, presenter or performer in a broadcast program
- To sow seeds over a wide area
- To send an email in a single transmission to a (typically large) number of people
- In the US, broadcasted is much less common than broadcast, especially in the simple past.