(1) A cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
(2) A recognizable kind
"There's a new brand of hero in the movies now"
"What make of car is that?"
(3) A symbol of disgrace or infamy
"And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
(4) Identification mark on skin, made by burning
(5) A name given to a product or service
(6) A piece of wood that has been burned or is burning
(7) Mark or expose as infamous
"She was branded a loose woman"
(8) To accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful
"He denounced the government action"
"She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
(9) Burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals