(1) A tower with a light that gives warning of shoals to passing ships
(2) A radio station that broadcasts a directional signal for navigational purposes
(3) A fire (usually on a hill or tower) that can be seen from a distance
(4) Guide with a beacon
(5) Shine like a beacon
- A signal fire to notify of the approach of an enemy, or to give any notice, commonly of warning or guiding.
- A signal or conspicuous mark erected on an eminence near the shore, or moored in shoal water, as a guide to mariners.
- A high hill or other easily distinguishable object near the shore which can serve as guidance for seafarers.
- That which gives notice of danger.
- leading mark
- navigation aid
- navigation mark
- radar reflector
- sea mark, seamark