(1) An assault in which the assailant makes physical contact
(2) The heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
"They laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"
"The shelling went on for hours without pausing"
(3) A device that produces electricity; may have several primary or secondary cells arranged in parallel or series
(4) A series of stamps operated in one mortar for crushing ores
(5) A collection of related things intended for use together
"Took a battery of achievement tests"
(6) A unit composed of the pitcher and catcher
(7) Group of guns or missile launchers operated together at one place