(1) Large tough nonrigid bag filled with gas or heated air
(2) Small thin inflatable rubber bag with narrow neck
(3) Become inflated
"The sails ballooned"
(4) Ride in a hot-air balloon
"He tried to balloon around the earth but storms forced him to land in China"
- An inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
- Such an object as a child’s toy.
- Such an object designed to transport people through the air.
- A sac inserted into part of the body for therapeutic reasons; such as angioplasty.
- A speech bubble.
- To increase or expand rapidly.
- His stomach ballooned from eating such a large meal.
- Prices will balloon if we don't act quickly.