Of a deep somewhat purplish blue color similar to that of a clear October sky
"October's bright blue weather"
(2) A light shade of blue
"Morning azured the village"
, derived from , dropping the l
as if it were equivalent to the French article . The is from , from the region of Lajward in Turkestan
Compare with Italian and Spanish .
- A blue colour on a coat of arms, represented in engraving by horizontal parallel lines.
- 1997, Brault, Early Blazon:
- In Bb [Glover's Roll], the conventional letter B is used to indicate azure in most items.
- The clear blue colour of the sky; also, a pigment or dye of this colour.
- The unclouded sky; the blue vault above.
- Lapis lazuli.
- Sky-blue; resembling the clear blue colour of the unclouded sky; cerulean; also, cloudless.
- In blazon, of the colour blue.