The adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture
"The socialization of children to the norms of their culture"
(2) The process of assimilating new ideas into an existing cognitive structure
(3) All the knowledge and values shared by a society
- A process by which the culture of an isolated society changes on contact with a different one
- A process by which a person acquires the culture of the society that he/she inhabits
- Some social scientists reverse the meanings of enculturation and acculturation. Primary socialization is sometimes called enculturation, while secondary socialization is sometimes called acculturation.